Sunday, January 28, 2018

Another new model

Remember the little baby track suit I made for a new grandnephew a couple months ago? You can read the details about it here. I was delighted last week to receive these photos of him wearing it! It's still a bit big for him, as he's not quite 5 months old yet, but babies outgrow clothes so fast that it's good to start using them a little early.

So here he is! Forget the track suit... his adorableness steals the show! Those eyes!!! 





(Photos by his parents, used with their permission.)

I wondered how difficult that top might be to get on him. His grandma reported that it was "not the easiest to get over his head, but it was doable". So I don't know if I'd use that pattern again, unless I had some super stretchy fabric. Babies don't usually like getting things put over their heads anyway, much less something that's a bit snug. So we shall see......

2 comments:

Geneviève said...

He looks like such a funny little guy!

Maybe with snaps on the shoulder to make the head opening bigger it could work? Although, that might cause problems with the hood instead.

Grandma G said...

I'm sure he's lots of fun, although I haven't met him in person yet.

You're right, snaps would interfere with the hood. A little opening partway down the front might be better, but I don’t think I'll bother to try and figure that one out. I'll keep my eyes open for another pattern! 😉